Please advise the school on the morning of your child’s absence. If we are not advised through one of the following ways we phone the home, workplace or emergency contacts which is a time consuming activity we prefer to avoid.
- Complete an absence note on our FlexiBuzz communications app (preferred)
- Text name and room number to 027 758 0542 (mobile just used for absence messages)
- Telephoning or emailing the school office (Ph 528 3938, email@example.com)
We appreciate your help in reducing the time we spend checking that our children are safe.
We use the FlexiBuzz app to send out school news, general updates, reminders, events and much more. The app is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android Phone, Android Tablet and Windows phone devices. If you don’t have a mobile device, there is also an app available for computer, both Mac and PC.Please download FlexiBuzz to your devices, register for a free account then find and tick St Thomas’s School. When you are ticking specific boxes within our school account, please make sure you tick on the specific classes that apply to your family only.Through the app you’ll receive all information, much like a text message, directly to your device, and everything we post can be translated into 90 languages. You will also be able to submit student absences and permission slips via the app, electronically signed straight onto the screen with your finger.
Homework enables all children to learn the skills of independent study. It is also an appropriate time for children to learn spelling, basic facts and to read. Whilst homework is not compulsory, we strongly recommend it is done daily. The following are guidelines for the time to be spent daily on Homework:
- Years 1 – 3 Daily reading plus 10 minutes of another activity (spelling words etc)
- Years 4 – 6 20 – 30 minutes
- Years 7 – 8 30 – 45 minutes
During our building work the library has been relocated and we will only have a smaller collection for the children to borrow from. Every class visits the library once a week during class time. Books are issued to students for two weeks. Junior classes can borrow one book each, Middle and Senior classes can borrow two books each.Our Librarians is Kororia Witika.
Please check out our library page on the school website for more information.
Our Maori Pasifika Support Group is available to support, celebrate and normalise cultures for all students at St Thomas’s School. The group aims to empower our Tamariki to be all they can be and stand proud as Maori and Pasifika students at our school.Click here for more information about the Maori Pasifika Support Group
4 Inch Mini Sub Sandwich
6 Inch Mini Sub Sandwich
How to order:
1. Clearly write the child’s name, room number and order on the outside of an envelope
e.g. Joe Bloggs
$4.00 Salami 4 Inch Mini Sub Sandwich
2. Place the correct money inside the envelope and seal it. Change cannot be provided.
3. Post the envelope into the Subway order box by 9.05am on Friday mornings. The box is situated at the office.
4. Orders are sent to classrooms by 12.30pm.
Sushi Spring will deliver Sushi for lunch time on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. If your child would like to have Sushi for lunch on either of these days they will need to bring correct money in an envelope or plastic bag with their name, class and choice clearly marked. Please note: orders will not be processed by the office so no change or envelopes will be provided by the school.
Orders will need to be placed in the box in the office the day before by 9.30am.Chicken on Rice
- $6.00 – Teriyaki Chicken on Rice, Mayo
- $6.00 – Katsu Chicken on Rice, Mayo
- $6.00 – Tofu Katsu on Rice (VG)
- $9.00 – (Large) Teriyaki Chicken on Rice, Mayo
- $9.00 – (Large) Katsu Chicken on Rice, Mayo
Dumplings and Snacks
- $6.00 – Tempura Prawn (3pcs)
- $6.00 – Takoyaki Octopus Balls (5pcs)
- $6.00 – Homemade Dumplings (4pcs)
- $6.00 – Vegetarian Homemade Dumplings (VG) (5pcs)
- $5.00 – Edamame Beans (VG)
- After 9.30am the orders can be accepted at the shop (Shop 8, 138 Allum St, Kohimarama)
- Orders must be processed THE DAY BEFORE, not on the same day.
Stationery is sold at the school office between 8.30 and 9.00 daily.
The Auckland Transport walking school bus programme is a parent lead initiative supported by the school. The programme has been set up with the younger students in mind, offering a safe way for them to walk to school where the adult supervision is shared. If there are enough students (passengers), then the theory is that the parents (drivers) can walk once a week while their children walk daily. Currently we have no routes running but if you are interested in joining please take a look at the programme https://at.govt.nz/cycling-walking/school-travel/walking-school-bus/